Monday, February 9, 2009

Smooth Sailing No More...At Least For Now

With one baby, this situation would ensure that I get a rest in the afternoon. With two babies, this situation has smoke coming out of my ears and a silent "AAAAAUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGH!" (so as not to waken the other sleeping baby).

On Thursday, little Miss S started preferring hi-jinx in the crib, rolling over on her belly after being put on her back, me walking away, her yelling for help 2 minutes later...rinse and repeat. Today, even after a bath with drops of lavender oil in the bath water, it took the little pest 30 MINUTES to settle down and go to sleep (after I flipped her back on her back a few times). I thought for sure the bath would ensure immediate napping...like it USED to.

FINALLY, by 2pm they were both snoozing, and I could get on with my jobs. I have 9 more things to do on my to-do list by Saturday! Finished cleaning the kitchen and took a break from my work for some well needed knitting contemplation, i.e. grafting stitches. There's always Thursday and Friday...I know, famous last words.

Ah well...at least they sleep at night! Let's be thankful for small mercies.

1 comment:

Krissy said...

Hi!

Thanks for your recent comment on my HDYDI post! Did you know I live in Pittsburgh too? Ross township area. My personal blog is: www.adventuresintwinparenting.blogspot.com

Nice to meet another Pittsburgh twin-mommy blogger! :)