Saturday, May 2, 2009

Thinning Out

So recently, I noticed I'd gained about 4.5 pounds and thought, "Oh, I guess I should stop eating as if I'm still breastfeeding," since I stopped some time in Feb. Calorie intake was around 2200 calories a day. This week, I cut out about 500 calories a day, no white bread, in fact considerably less starch, and this morning I'd lost those 4.5 pounds.

We have really small dinners, like grilled chicken salad or hummus, veggies, pita or sometimes even just bread, wine and cheese, or stir fry. Lunches are usually english muffin with egg and cheese, or cottage cheese and fruit, and almost every day I make a Go Lean vanilla protein powder shake with milk and frozen berries. Oh...and there is nothing sweet in the house except fruit. Nothing salty, either, which is more my weakness. My activity has increased in recent weeks too, since the weather is nice.

The total downfall, if there is one, and especially for people like me, is that I must go shopping for clothes that fit! HAAAAAAATE shopping, especially for pants. Takes forever.

Thinning out also has to do with getting rid of junk, which 9 years of marriage tends to accumulate, not to mention the sentimentality of the past, which really doesn't matter anymore. Time to let go and make room for kids' accumulations. Looking forward to storing their artwork instead of our useless junk.

Purging is also about getting rid of some hair for the summer. Maybe I'll be brave enough to post before and afters...but the before is pretty hideous. Haircut is thankfully this morning!

No comments: