Tuesday, August 11, 2009

True Love Mush

Now that my human pot washer is laid up recovering from foot surgery, I don't get done clearing up after the meal until about 7:30. The kids play with pots and pans in the kitchen with me while I work. Afterwards, the three of us go into the livingroom to play. Last night, I put some music on and decided to slow dance with the babes. Kai and I danced to Etta James' "At Last" and I sang along but started to get teary. If you read the lyrics, you can see why. Seda giggled in the background. I was too lost in love to sing while dancing with Seda.

At last
My love has come along
My lonely days are over
And life is like a song
Oh, yeah, at last
The skies above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clover
The night I looked at you
I found a dream that I could speak to
A dream that I can call my own
I found a thrill to rest my cheek to
A thrill that I have never known
Oh, yeah when you smile, you smile
Oh, and then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven
For you are mine
At last

No comments: